The C.W. Bill Young Cell Transplantation Program (Program) includes an Office of Patient Advocacy to support patients and families throughout the process of a bone marrow transplant (also called a BMT) or umbilical cord blood transplant. As the contractor for the Program's Office of Patient Advocacy, the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP), also referred to as Be The Match Patient Support Center, provides many programs and resources for patients and their families, including:
One-to-one support from BMT Patient Navigators to help patients and their families
• Learn about transplant
• Understand the donor search process
• Find a transplant center
• Get answers to financial or insurance questions
• Connect with other transplant patients and caregivers through the Peer Connect program
• Find and join clinical trials
• Prepare for and cope with life after transplant
A full list of the support and resources can be found at Be The Match Patient Support Center.
Find answers to questions asked by other patients.